[Zope3-dev] Allowing views to be registered for classes ratherthan interfaces.

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:17:55 -0400

Steve Alexander wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:
>
>> Steve Alexander wrote:
>>
>>> Why nonceInterface()? It is like a "nonce word".
>>

>>>   For the nonce, OE. for the nones, a
>>>      corruption of for then ones, where n. in then is a relic of
>>>      AS. m in [eth]am, dat. of the article and demonstrative
>>>      pronoun, E. the.
>>

>> So, my question is, which is more tedious:
>>
>> 1 - Understanding the above definition of 'nonce' (whaaaa?)
>

> I don't care what the class-advice function is called.

I don't think Garrett was compaining about the name, but about
the concept.  I too find the concept more complicated that I think
is justified by the benefit.  Personally, I'd much rather either
create an explicit placeholder interface or just register against
the class directly.

CTO                  (703) 361-1714            http://www.python.org