[Zope3-dev] Allowing views to be registered for classes ratherthaninterfaces.

Garrett Smith garrett@mojave-corp.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:17:39 -0500

Steve Alexander wrote:
>> I think zope/app is too big to be compared to a product. In fact, it
>> contains a lot of plugins -- e.g. each content type is a pluggable
>> unit, for the most part. Zope 3 is designed to eliminate explicit
>> interdependencies, yet it's package structure suggests that
>> everything is one unit.
>=20
> So, maybe the problem is that zope.app is too large a "project", and
> should be split up into zope.app.foo and zope.app.bar etc.?

This would be my (naive?) inclination:

  Organization for core content
  (simple content only -- no services,=20
  etc.):
  zope/app/content
  zope/app/content/interfaces
  zope/app/content/browser
  zope/app/content/file.py
  zope/app/content/foo.py

  Organization for the 'workflow' project
  (content, services, utilities, etc. as a=20
  pluggable unit):
  zope/app/worflow
  zope/app/workflow/interfaces
  zope/app/workflow/browser
  zope/app/workflow/*.py (implementation)

  Organization for core application classes=20
  (inextricable from the app):
  zope/app/core/*.py (very, very core)
  zope/app/core/foo (not sure what this would be)
  zope/app/core/foo/interfaces
  zope/app/core/foo/browser
  zope/app/core/foo/*.py

  Organization for a core service