[Zope3-dev] twisted zope

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:00:01 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:
> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>
>> server.  The most important notion is that there is a request object
>> that does nothing but receive the request data.  Once the entire
>> request is received, the request is used to construct an HTTP
>> transaction;
>

> Will this still suck for large file uploads?
>
> Using this model, how would you limit the size of an uploaded file
> and/or give feedback to the user as to how their file upload was
> proceeding?

Well, here's an idea.

Once the uploaded data has reached a certain size, we could hit the
application with an "unfinished" request.  The application would be
given the opportunity to reject the rest of the request.

I don't see this being worth the trouble today, though.  As for upload
progress, that's entirely the responsibility of the user agent, and Zope
can't improve that in any way.

Shane