[Zope3-dev] zope3.org

Stephan Richter srichter@cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 09:35:49 -0400

And once more...

After I have only briefly mentioned the creation of zope3.org in the weekly
news and the previous mail, I wanted to elaborate on it some more.

We already registered the zope3.org domain last year. Back then I tried to put
up a site, but failed due to missing products and Zope 3 features. This year
this looks very different. We now have a ZWiki and a Bug Tracker product,
which are enough to get us started.

And I am not the only one working on it:

Jens Vagelpohl: Writes an LDAP authentication plugin, so that we can reuse the
zope.org usernames and passowrds.

Sidnei da Silva: He signed up over the weekend to come up with a nice look and
feel. He said he will probably base it of the ZopeTop skin.

What we need now are some comments and more volunteers. This is a really nice
project for people that do not want to get too much into technical
development and still do something with Zope 3. We will also need people that
help moving over the many Wiki pages. The Zope 3 version of ZWiki supports
ReST, so we probably want to move the Wiki pages to ReST.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter