[Zope3-dev] Re: Formatting of Created/Modified times

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 09 Jun 2003 18:57:17 +0300

>> http://collector.zope.org/Zope3-dev/164
>

> This asserts that server local time should be used.  I'm unconvinced.
>
> Why is the server time any better than utc?

Let's say I'm a software developer living in the US.

I download Zope 3 to use it. I create a folder on my new Zope 3 server.
The dates all look wrong. The first thing I have to do is learn where
the user-preferences are and how they work, so I can say I'm working in
EST (or whatever).

But, the workstation I'm using has its local time / timezone set
correctly. So, I should be saved the effort.

Also, when my local time offset changes due to daylight savings, will I
need to change my time offset in my personal preferences?
Every other application on my computer that presents my with a local
time will have changed itself. Why not zope?

--
Steve Alexander