[Zope3-dev] Re: Formatting of Created/Modified times

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 09 Jun 2003 12:07:56 -0400

> >> What should it display instead?
> >
> > http://collector.zope.org/Zope3-dev/164
>
> This asserts that server local time should be used.  I'm unconvinced.
>
> Why is the server time any better than utc?

Because users tend to interpret displayed times in their local time
zone, and users are more likely than not to be in the same timezone as
the server.

Note that the timezone used is not displayed.  I'm not used to
interpret unmarked times as UTC; that would require quite a bit of
reprogramming of my brain. :-)