[Zope3-dev] Simple Question: Using Schemas to generate default views of data

Adam Summers adam@4js.com.au
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 19:30:56 +0800

Hi,

I think this is a fairly simple question, but I can't find an
appropriate answer in the ever-growing documentation

I have an object which uses schemas.

In my configure.zcml I have tags to handle add via a schema:
    <browser:addform
        schema=".interfaces.IEx"
        label="Add Ex Information"
        content_factory=".ex.Ex"
        arguments="date act"
        name="AddEx"
        menu="add_content" title="Ex Info"
        permission="zopeproducts.ex.ManageExes" />

I have one to edit as well:

    <browser:editform
        schema=".interfaces.IEx"
        label="Change Ex Info"
        name="edit.html"
        menu="zmi_views" title="Edit"
        permission="zopeproducts.ex.ManageExes" />

But how do I add a view of the data relying on schemas (ie, this is a
simple object, I just want to provide a basic view for the zmi). After
looking at the namespaces.zope.org documentation, I get the feeling its
not possible. Can someone prove me wrong? :)

Thanks in advance
Adam