[Zope3-dev] Re: Discussion: Configuration vs. Configuration

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 18:39:33 -0400

Guido van Rossum wrote:
>>Just in case someone counts votes: +1 for the "registration" terminology in
>>++etc++site, [...]
>

> OK, "registration" it is.
>
> It's easy to change the terminology on the ++etc++site screens, and I
> intend to do that.  But it's not so easy to change the implementation,
> which uses the word "Configuration" in every class name...  I plan to
> leave that alone for now.

I'm going to try to refactor the code to use the new terminolgy.

I don't think that this will break any code outside of the core, as I doubt
that anyone of working on any services outside of the core, so
I'm not going to worry about backward compatability except wrt pickles.

Let me know if anyone thinks this will will affect them.

CTO                  (703) 361-1714            http://www.python.org