[Zope3-dev] Re: compiling Zope3 on Windows

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:19:17 -0400

[Garrett Smith]
> ... Things were great with VC++ 6.0. But since my CD is apparently in
> someone's truck (doh!) I ran out and bought VC++ .NET 2003 standard
> edition. The modules compiled without error,

Which modules?

> but I ran into this problem when running z3:
>
> http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zodb-dev/2003-March/004620.html
>
> This might be something related to the .NET framework since I'm
> running Win2K and not XP.

IIRC, the OP eventually determined this was due to mixing VC6-compiled
modules with .NET-compiled modules.  The C runtime systems aren't
compatible.  So, e.g., if you compile Zope3 with .NET, you also need to
compile Python with .NET.

> Tim, let me know if you'd like to track this down.

Sorry, I couldn't even if I wanted to -- I don't have .NET installed, or
spare time.