[Zope3-dev] Re: I assume no one is using persistent modules

Paolo Invernizzi paoloinvernizzi@dmsware.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:04:52 +0200

Jim Fulton wrote:

> I'm a bit surprised, since the current implementation seems
> to have a lot of bugs.

That's true.

> Have you just been playing with them,
> or have you been building something sunstantial with them?

I've used persistent modules with ZODB4 and ZEO, outside of Zope3.
The goal was a persistent-modules based version of an existing little
server application.

It was a test-case for investigating the possibility of faster
development times and lower (or zero!) downtime of the server.

Luckyly server speed was not an iussue ;-)

> Are you using them enough that it would be a probelm to have
> to recreate them?

No problems...

The boss was impressed, but the development is now stopped waiting for
'major fixes'.

The worst problems were related whith the persistent import framework
(broken with packages... I had to adapt it only for 2.3 cvs) and some
misterious behaviours during class patches...

I'll be happy to rewrite the test-server with your new framework, and
test it!

---
Paolo