[Zope3-dev] Re: ObjectHub should change data structure

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp@weitershausen.de
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:15:46 -0500

Garrett Smith wrote:
> If I run into security/access related issues, I pull out the handy
> 'removeAllProxies' which seems to let me do what I want. Yes, not
> knowing what I'm doing here makes me nervous.

Well, just to let you know: calling removeAllProxies is always "an
implicit XXX comment", to say it with Jim's words. If you encounter a
ForbiddenAttributeError, you should really review your security
declarations in ZCML or your code.

> <between_the_lines>
>   Could someone offer a simple explanation of rules developers need to
> follow?
> </between_the_lines>

The only documentation that is there yet can be found here:
http://cvs.zope.org/Zope3/src/zope/app/context.txt?rev=HEAD

Among other things, this document contains an IRC transcript with Steve
Alexander teaching Martijn Faassen, me and some other folk some
fundamentals (mostly about decorators).

Phil