[Zope3-dev] Re: Better access to APIs in paths

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:38:08 +0200

>> Actually, as long as the namespace used for TAL in the documents
>> in question resolved to the TAL URI, it wouldn't matter if it were
>> mapped to something different.
>
> Yes, but how confusing would that be for people who came to look at that
> template later?

If they looked at the template via the ZMI, it could have a
paragraph above the textarea listing the URIs of the namespaces
in use in the template. Also, if they didn't read that, or had
it turned off or were editing it on the filesystem or whatever,
and made a wrong assumption, the traceback they see could remind
them of the namespaces in use. (Hmm, I guess it is possible for
wrong assumptions about namespaces to pass silently too ..)

--
Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za