[Zope3-dev] Re: ZCML and default namespaces

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 10:01:25 +0200

> <zopeConfigure
>    xmlns='http://namespaces.zope.org/zope'
>  >

> and this::
>
> <zopeConfigure
>    xmlns='http://namespaces.zope.org/help'
>  >

> are not easily distinguishable when staring at a ZCML file too late at
> night, especially when there are other namespaces being registered (and
> what if 'page' shows up in more than one namespace?  And if that's not
> going to happen, then why have namespaces?).
>
> Maybe I've just gotten used to the concept that
> 'namespaces.zope.org/zope' is always going to the primary namespace
> (especially with the zopeConfigure tag there).  I can learn my way
> around this though.

This is a good point, and a good argument in favour of removing the hack
that puts 'zopeConfigure' into all namespaces.

I'd much rather see zopeConfigure renamed 'configure', and appear only
in the zope namespace. Then, you have an immediate visual clue when
you're using non-default namespace:

   <configure
       xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"

   <zope:configure