[Zope3-dev] Re: [ZWeb] nzo: just for inspiration

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 16:54:59 +0200

Guido van Rossum wrote:
>>No, please stay with tables.  Tables behave better when they are
>>rendered smaller than the designer expected.  Visit the following URL
>>with Mozilla and reduce the width of your browser window to see how CSS
>>tables cause unexpected text overlapping.  With real tables, this can't
>>happen.
>>
>>http://www.alistapart.com/stories/practicalcss/

Can you explain a bit more where the unexpected text overlapping occurs
in that page?

I've looked at it in Mozilla 1.2.1 on Debian, and the only overlapping
of text I can see is the <pre>preformatted</pre> text, which overlaps
the column on the right if I make the browser 550 px wide.

The contents of the right column wraps to the bottom of the page if I
make the browser about 440 px wide or less. At that width, the browser
no longer has a visible Location widget.

Does anything occur for you other that what I have described?

Is there anything undesirable about what I have described?

--
Steve Alexander