[Zope3-dev] Re: [ZWeb] nzo: just for inspiration

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 11:05:58 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Steve Alexander wrote:

> Guido van Rossum wrote:
> >>No, please stay with tables.  Tables behave better when they are
> >>rendered smaller than the designer expected.  Visit the following URL
> >>with Mozilla and reduce the width of your browser window to see how CSS
> >>tables cause unexpected text overlapping.  With real tables, this can't
> >>happen.
> >>
> >>http://www.alistapart.com/stories/practicalcss/
>
> Can you explain a bit more where the unexpected text overlapping occurs
> in that page?

Here is a screenshot:

http://hathaway.freezope.org/Images/alistapart.png

This is actually a pretty tame example.  I've seen worse, but I can't
remember where I found them.  This is with Mozilla 1.3 final.

Again, there might be a solution, but even one of the top advocates of CSS
tables doesn't seem to know how to solve it.

Shane