[Zope3-dev] RE: [ZODB-Dev] ZODB4 Unit tests failing

Marius Gedminas mgedmin@codeworks.lt
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:25:48 +0200

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 10:00:46AM -0500, Tim Peters wrote:
> It's peculiar that your first problem was
>
>     AttributeError: Connection instance has no attribute '_conflicts'
>
> In the src.zodb.connection.py I see, Connection.__init__() clearly
> establishes a _conflicts attr:
>
>         self._conflicts = Set()
>
> So it's hard to see how that AttributeError could occur if we're running the
> same code.

I just had a very similair problem: an object's __dict__ was somehow
cleared.  It turned out the bug is in our custom SQL persistence
mechanism: during garbage collection a call to __getattr__('__del__')
triggered the loading mechanism and tried to load an object from the
database.

Marius Gedminas
--
Codeworks is available for Zope consulting -- http://www.codeworks.lt/