[Zope3-dev] Number of languages in Zope 3

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 09:00:57 +0100

Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
>>> What can be doen to reduce the number of languages necessary to know
>>> in order to use Zope 3 completely?
>>
>> Why do you consider that a desirable goal?
>
> And what does "completely" mean anyways?

Fully explore Zope in such a way that is could be used by one person to develop
a pilot project that might lead to fuller deployment.

> In some situations, Zope sites
> are managed and maintained by a single person.  In others, there are
> many people involved.

Under what circumstances would you see these different scenarios playing out?

>> Everything is ultimately implemented in Python, so you can use that if
>> you really want to.

What evidence do you have that this is the case?

> I doubt that DTML will be "necessary to know" in order to use Zope 3
> completely anyways.  DTML still has its place, but it's significantly
> downplayed in Zope 3.  I still think DTML is awesome for SQL Methods,

I don't ;-)

>> To avoid the need to know ZConfig, write scripts in python to start up
>> your Zope process as you need it.

How will the methods to do this be documented?

cheers,

Chris