[Zope3-dev] Re: Heads up! Major interface changes coming this weekend

Andreas Jung Andreas Jung <andreas@andreas-jung.com>
Sat, 03 May 2003 09:38:09 +0200

--On Samstag, 3. Mai 2003 1:06 Uhr +0200 Christian Heimes
<heimes@faho.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> Sidnei da Silva wrote:
>> What are the plans to get this included in Zope 2 (and if there are
>> plans, may I volunteer to make the changes on Zope 2 codebase?)
>
> If you want I can help you. We could share the work and double check each
> other. I'm quite experienced with some parts of the source base of zope
> 2.5 and 2.6 especially the OFS and AccessControl packages.

It would be nice to have this stuff for Zope 2.X *but* a backport should
be 100% compatible. It is not acceptable that the Interface package breaks
again.
(the changes made for 2.6 broke ZClasses and several products). So changes
should me made with care.

-aj