[Zope3-dev] Re: Heads up! Major interface changes coming this weekend

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Sat, 03 May 2003 06:27:31 -0400

Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On Samstag, 3. Mai 2003 1:06 Uhr +0200 Christian Heimes
> <heimes@faho.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
>
>> Sidnei da Silva wrote:
>>
>>> What are the plans to get this included in Zope 2 (and if there are
>>> plans, may I volunteer to make the changes on Zope 2 codebase?)
>>

>> If you want I can help you. We could share the work and double check each
>> other. I'm quite experienced with some parts of the source base of zope
>> 2.5 and 2.6 especially the OFS and AccessControl packages.
>>

> It would be nice to have this stuff for Zope 2.X *but* a backport should
> be 100% compatible. It is not acceptable that the Interface package
> breaks again.
> (the changes made for 2.6 broke ZClasses and several products). So changes
> should me made with care.

Hm. I wasn't aware that ZClasses were broken by those changes. :(

The changes are *not* 100 compatible, as I pointed out in my compatability
note. Do you think ang Zope 2 applications are using the advanced features
I mentioned (__class_implements__, module __implements__, instance
__implements__)?  Would it be acceptable to provide an lternate spelling of
these APIs declarations that could be used with the old interface package
during transition?

CTO                  (703) 361-1714            http://www.python.org