[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] CVS: Zope3/src/zope/app/services - view.py:1.18

Barry Warsaw barry@python.org
06 May 2003 10:40:14 -0400

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 08:23, Stephan Richter wrote:

> I dunno how much sense it makes tagging places with XXX I18n or L10n comments,
> since we should do a really careful walkthrough at some point.

It's important to get i18n ingrained in the Zope developer community so
that we don't have to do an i18nageddon somewhere down the road.  We
should strive for writing Zope3 code with all the markings and proper
imports from the start.  I suspect the number of sites in Python code
will be few(er) for Zope, but still, it's better that folks start to
understand the requirements i18n imposes on code.

-Barry