[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] CVS: Zope3/src/zope/app/services - view.py:1.18

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 06 May 2003 10:48:16 -0400

> It's important to get i18n ingrained in the Zope developer community so
> that we don't have to do an i18nageddon somewhere down the road.  We
> should strive for writing Zope3 code with all the markings and proper
> imports from the start.  I suspect the number of sites in Python code
> will be few(er) for Zope, but still, it's better that folks start to
> understand the requirements i18n imposes on code.

Is there a document that tells me what to do?  I inherited some
templates that contained a few i18n markings, but when I had to make
radical changes to the templates, I decided not to bother with the
i18n stuff because I didn't understand it.