[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 Tests on Linux and Windows

Barry Warsaw barry@python.org
07 May 2003 08:03:10 -0400

On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 05:06, Christian Heimes wrote:

> Berkeley db 4 storage is a part of the zodb4. I got about 30 errors
> maybe more with the wrong version of pybddb installed.

I highly recommend BerkeleyDB 4.1.25 because of important bug fixes from
earlier releases.  It's doubtful any Linux distro comes with that
version by default, but it's easy enough to build from source.  You
might be able to get away with 4.0.14 but IIRC 3.3.11 is missing some
required API.  Windows users can install PyBSDDB which includes the
BerkeleyDB libraries, or Python 2.3b1 which I think includes the right
libraries too.

The one available patch for 4.1.25 shouldn't be necessary.

-Barry