[Zope3-dev] Re: principal events for the event hub

Ronald L Chichester complaw@hal-pc.org
Wed, 07 May 2003 16:01:11 -0500

I may be out of step here, but...

Would it be better to have two categories of events?  The
first category would be those events that are undertaken
immediately.  The second category would be those events
that are undertaken periodically (ala cron.hourly,
cron.daily, cron.weekly, etc.).  You could then write a
specific thread for the periodic events and allocate
(more/less) resources accordingly at that specific time.
 That might take some of the sting out of the scalability
issue.

Many of the events that I envision for my applications
fall into the periodic category.  Something akin to a cron
job would be welcome.  I suspect the same is true for
other users.

Just a thought...

Ron