[Zope3-dev] Question: Are principals (sometimes aka users) content or meta-content?

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Thu, 8 May 2003 07:40:29 -0400

On Thursday 08 May 2003 07:27, Jim Fulton wrote:
> I think it would be worthwhile to brainstorm this a bit here.

Since I have an exam today, here only a quick and dirty comment.

Surely I want to be able to store data inside a user (sort of home directory).
In Zope  2 I accomplished that by making all my users folderish objects.
Therefore the user would be content

However, we could also could adopt the Unix model and associating a "home
directory" with each user. Then the user would be meta content and the home
directory would be content. I think this is close to what Steve has in mind.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter