[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] CVS: Zope3/src/zope/app/services - view.py:1.18

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Thu, 08 May 2003 15:26:51 -0400

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 May 2003 07:18, Florent Guillaume wrote:
>
>>     def usageSummary(self):
>>+        # XXX L10N This should be localizable.
>>         ifname = getattr(self.forInterface, '__name__', "(Anything)")
>>         s = "%s %s for %s" % (self.viewName, self._what, ifname)
>>         if self.layer and self.layer != "default":
>

> This is a bug anyways, since s should be a unicode string.
>
> I dunno how much sense it makes tagging places with XXX I18n or L10n comments,
> since we should do a really careful walkthrough at some point.
>
> However, I noticed that a lot of the UI translatable strings come from ZCML; I
> looked into writing this (ZCML I18n) code but got quiet lost. If David or Jim
> could do this, then I would volunteer (and I assume sathya would want to help
> as well) to go systematically through the code and internationalize it.

I've started this. The good news is that all that will need to be
internationalized is the meta zcml files. That is, we'll need to flag which
zcml attributes contain strings that need to be translated.

CTO                  (703) 361-1714            http://www.python.org