[Zope3-dev] server restarts

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
12 May 2003 11:14:08 -0400

The same thing happens for Zope 2 under Windows.  I suspect it's because
the asyncore "main" loop (aka "poll") calls into the select system call.
The select system call times out after 30 seconds of inactivity or when
a request is handled.  On Windows,  I suspect it's not possible to
interrupt the select system call, causing you to need to wait for the
remainder of the select timeout period before the program can be
terminated.  I'm not sure how to change this.  I'm guessing that it
would likely need to be done at the C level as a change to the Python
select module.

- C