[Zope3-dev] server restarts

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 12:01:28 -0400

[sathya]
>> in unix control-c sends a signal to the process . I dont think windows
>> supports the same signaling  semantics on a ctrl-c as linux.

[Guido]
> Correct, Windows ^C is a hack.

>> looks like ctrl break does the same thing as ctrl c.

> No; ^Break kills immediately, ^C usually is passed to the
> application's SIGINT handler (which *is* supported, albeit using a
> very different mechanism than on Unix/Linux).

That's so, and Ctrl+Break on Windows is passed to the app's SIGBREAK handler
(this signal is available from current Windows Pythons via signal.SIGBREAK;
Unix doesn't have such a signal; then again, Windows doesn't have most Unix
signals).  Ctrl+Break kills immediately because that's what the system
default handler does, and Python doesn't override the default SIGBREAK
handler on Windows (user Python code can override it, but I don't recommend
it!).