[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 DAV tests on Win32...

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred@zope.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 08:18:14 -0400

Sidnei da Silva writes:
 > I *think* it may be a problem with the python version, or the version
 > of pyxml. I had problem before with a different method of the same
 > module (minidom) issuing different results on MacOSX, and afaict,
 > upgrading pyxml solved it. Im not sure if minidom comes with the
 > standard distrib or with pyxml. Anyway, if you want to check, the
 > version of pyxml that I have here is 0.8.2. If that doesnt solve it,
 > Im going to try not to use minidom.

Ok, now it makes sense.

xml.dom.minidom is available in both PyXML and Python 2.2, but the
PyXML version has advanced to include output encoding control (the
'utf-8' parameter used here).

This can be fixed by requiring PyXML 0.8.1 or 0.8.2, or Python 2.3.
Another approach would be to avoid passing the encoding control; I'm
not sure offhand, but I think UTF-8 was the default before the control
parameter was added.  I can spend a few minutes looking into it later
today if needed, but probably no more than that.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation