[Zope3-dev] Complexness of Zope3

Thomas Guettler Thomas Guettler <guettli@thomas-guettler.de>
Fri, 23 May 2003 17:43:09 +0200

Hi!

I think there are more people like me who think that zope is too
big. In my python product I only use very little of the available
tools. I don't use: acquisition, DTML, ZPT, ZClasses ...

I only use python, ZODB and ZCatalog, usermanagement and sessions.

Zope3, I though would clean up a lot of things. But when you look at
the documentation, zope3 seems very complex.

Since the problems you want to solve with tools like zope3 are complex
you need some easy to use tools. You can't teach your colleagues the
tools for several weeks, before starting with the project.

Aren't you afraid that many people will switch to e.g Quixote+ZODB
because Zope is to complex?

 thomas

--
Thomas Guettler <guettli@thomas-guettler.de>