[Zope3-dev] collectorIssue: 119: Unicode error with accented characters

Marcus J. Ertl Marcus J. Ertl" <marcus.ertl@larp-welt.de
Fri, 30 May 2003 12:43:26 +0200

On Fri, 30 May 2003 12:35:46 +0200, Martijn Faassen wrote:

Hi!

>This is a rather unclear description of the 'problems'. What unicode problems
>are you having exactly where? Tracebacks? The issue is about using unicode in
>object ids. Are you doing that?

I don't use unicode object ids. My problem is in entering german
umlauts in object properties in zmi. Viewing this properties (for
example in the zmi edit view) leads to the error mentioned in the
collector issue (which isn't added by myself, I just found this issue,
as I looked for a problemsolution!).

>http://collector.zope.org/Zope3-dev/119

>With unicode errors just like with any errors you need to be clear about
>what the problem is. A unicode error is an indication of a bug somewhere;
>it's not just some weirdness that can be suppressed, which seems to be the
>way many people unfortunately treat them.

Problems are for solving, not for subpressing. :-)

I don't know many about unicode, I was long time not shure if this
realy is a bug, or a misunderstoodment of myself, how unicode works in
Zope. I was "glade" to see, it seems to bea real bug.

But I don't know, where I should look, to solve the problem.

Bye
   Marcus

--
"One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in
contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers

LARP-Welt - Das LARP-Portal im Internet: http://larp-welt.de