[Zope3-dev] Tests hanging from 28th May onwards

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 30 May 2003 08:56:09 -0400

I wrote:

> No, they run just fine for me, both on Linux and Windows.

I take half of that back.  They indeed run fine for me on Linux
(including all zodb test).

But on Windows98, running test.py -p with Python 2.3, I saw one hang
in testCommitLockVoteFinish in zeo\tests\commitlock.py; when I re-ran
the tests with -pv, that one passed, but I got a traceback from
testKKDLIST (zope.server.ftp.tests.test_ftpserver.Tests) followed by a
hang.  A third run, this time with -vv, completed with one error in
test_httpserver (No buffer space available; I think this test simply
can't pass on Win98.)

(I wonder if the test options have something to do with it; I doubt it
though).

Net time you have a hanging test, please go the extra mile and try to
find out *which* test is hanging.  If you don't care to provide that
information, we just may not care to address your report. :-)

See you at EuroPython I hope?