[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Development Cookbook

Lex Berezhny LBerezhny@DevIS.com
30 May 2003 15:18:57 -0400

On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 15:02, Stephan Richter wrote:

> What I need from you is some initial feedback. Do you think the proposed
> recipes are helpful? Any missing? What would you like to see covered?

Just curious, are the recipes listed in the order they will be written?
It seems that item six (NewContentObject) would be the easiest to write
for a Zope hacker while being very useful for newbies.

I know that Jim is working on a tutorial for creating content objects,
but his tutorial is so long I've never managed to finish it. What I
would like is a very concise tutorial on creating a simple address book
application geared towards developers who already know Zope 2 pretty
thuroughly. Maybe even explain how the concepts differ from Zope 2 to
Zope 3. The goal should be to have something working with the least
amount of work in the introduction of the tutorial and than build from
there.

I would love to help out, proof read and test any such tutorial.

Thanks a lot, I think you guys are doing an awesome job,

 - lex