[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Development Cookbook

Barry Pederson bp@barryp.org
Fri, 30 May 2003 19:01:21 -0500

Stephan Richter wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am working on the Zope 3 development cookbook these days, so that it will be
> well populated by the time the first beta and 3.0 release are coming out.

> What I need from you is some initial feedback. Do you think the proposed
> recipes are helpful? Any missing? What would you like to see covered?
>
> Any other feedback is welcome as well.

Maybe the recipes should be grouped in to "beginner", "intermediate",
and "advanced".

I was kind of shocked to see "new network protocol" as the first recipe,
  as in: "#@$*! ... that's what you're expected to start with!?"  and
then see "new content object" at #6.

It's kind of like having a *real* cookbook start with "make a complete
turkey dinner", and later on in the middle of the book find "how to boil
water" :)

	Barry