[Zope3-dev] Adaptergeddon status and milestone plans

Martijn Faassen faassen at vet.uu.nl
Thu Nov 13 18:40:08 EST 2003

Jim Fulton wrote:
>   I'm considering two possibilities:
>
>   1. Release a milestone shortly after I merge the major adaptergeddon
>      changes into the CVS head. I'm guessing that this will be around
>      Monday.
>
>   2. Hold off on the milestone until
>      ComponentArchitectureSimplification is done. I suspect that that
>      will add a week or two.

It would be nice if the CVS HEAD is relatively stable and tested in
early december, as then we're having the Rheinland Zope 3 sprint, which has
the intent of building products on top of Zope 3.

>   My sense is that it's been too long since the last miletone release
>   and that we should get the next one out sooner, rather than later.

In the light of the sprint, I think that's right.

>   I'd still like to do another milestone release in December.  I'm
>   going to be in Bangalore India from Dec 2 through the 21st. I was
>   hoping to do that milestone before I left, but I think it will be
>   more realistic to make the release while I'm there.

Since this will be after the sprint I don't have much of an opinion on this
one.

Glad to see progress on the adaptergeddon. I hope to start using it in Zope 2
context in december.

Regards,

Martijn