[Zope3-dev] Re: Adaptergeddon status and milestone plans

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Nov 18 17:41:24 EST 2003

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Adaptergeddon

>   Here's what's been done so far:
>
>   - Global adapter and presentation services.

These are now done.

I've ommitted the serach interfaces for these
because it was broken for the adapter service and was in bad shape
for the view service.  I'd like to make a fresh start on the search
interface later.

If no one makes me add backward compatability :), then I'll plan to
rip out the existing backward compatablity code and merge the
changes to the head on Thursday.

Feel free to try out the branch.  Aside from the architectural improvements
resulting from this work, Zope runs 2-3 times faster, depending on whether
you have local views.