[Zope3-dev] Would anyone mind having to toss their Zope 3 database?

Steve Alexander steve at z3u.com
Tue Nov 18 12:04:38 EST 2003

> We need a better framework or toolset for migrating data after
> refactoring. Unfortunately, developing that hasn't been a high priority
> (yet).  Maybe it should be.
>
> I'm curious.  Is current data valuable enough that we should delay other
> Zope 3 work to get a data migration system in place?  Or is it better to
> work on core architecture and features now.
>
> Thoughts?

I have valuable data in a Zope 3 database. However, I'm quite happy to
write my own application-specific migration script when I'm ready to
move the application to a more current Zope 3 codebase.

I would very much appreciate a migration script for any zodb-level
changes, such as a move to zodb 3, or a change in pickle format. I think
that you are not talking about this kind of change, though.

--
Steve Alexander