[Zope3-dev] a note on groups and roles

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Tue Nov 18 12:45:30 EST 2003

I'm a bit a head of myself here, but here goes:

I have for Zope 2 made a product called "PluggableUserFolder" which I
personally have seen  as a "prestudy" for features I really would like
to see in Zope3.

Now, my efforts to get Zope 3 starting has completely failed so far, so
I have not yet had a chance to see if PluggableUserFolder really has any
impact on Zope3 or not.

But still, I think some of the concepts are interesting. Mainly in the
way it's modularized and pluggable, and also in the Groups handling (not
the SimpleGroups, mind you, they are just standard groups).

If you want to take a look, you can at
http://cvs.nuxeo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/PluggableUserFolder/

To install press the "Download Tarball" link at the bottom of the page.

//Lennart