[Zope3-dev] a note on groups and roles

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Tue Nov 18 15:28:58 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 06:45:30PM +0100, Lennart Regebro wrote:
| I'm a bit a head of myself here, but here goes:
|
| I have for Zope 2 made a product called "PluggableUserFolder" which I
| personally have seen  as a "prestudy" for features I really would like
| to see in Zope3.
|
| Now, my efforts to get Zope 3 starting has completely failed so far, so
| I have not yet had a chance to see if PluggableUserFolder really has any
| impact on Zope3 or not.
|
| But still, I think some of the concepts are interesting. Mainly in the
| way it's modularized and pluggable, and also in the Groups handling (not
| the SimpleGroups, mind you, they are just standard groups).
|
| If you want to take a look, you can at
| http://cvs.nuxeo.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/PluggableUserFolder/

We have a PluggableAuthenticationService on Zope3 (someone help me to
find the docs), and its a snap to write a PrincipalSource. I don't
think that we have the concept of Groups in Zope3 though, but I guess
either SteveA or faassen can give us a clue.

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

To err is human -- to blame it on a computer is even more so.