[Zope3-dev] a note on groups and roles

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Nov 19 18:54:07 EST 2003

Steve Alexander wrote:

> >I'm not sure what you mean here. Roles should be assigned to groups just
> >like
> >to any other principal like a user,
>
> A group is a kind of principal? I find that odd.

> Can a group be responsible for some actions?
>
> Can a group be responsible for some request?

I thought the whole point of calling them 'principals' instead of 'users'
was to enable concepts like groups to fit under the same banner as
users. You seem to be associating quite a different set of ideas with them.

To me a principal is anything which can get a role assigned to them. :)

Regards,

Martijn