[Zope3-dev] Re: Starting with Zope 3

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Sat Nov 29 13:25:17 EST 2003

Alec Munro wrote:
> Hi Philipp,
>
> Thanks for the enthusiastic response. Based on your advice, I have
> started working through the programmer tutorial. I made it to slide 7
> without having a problem.
> On slide 7 it references "zopeproducts". While I remember this name from
> earlier experiments with milestone 3, I entirely forget the details.
> I searched through everywhere I could think of for an explanation of
> this, including the readme's of the tutorial, the zope install itself,
> all files in the doc dir, the zcml files in the root of the zope
> install. The only place I find it mentioned is in '/products.zcml.in'
> and it is only the following line:
> <include package="zopeproducts.demo.jobboard" />

You need to create a directory named 'zopeproducts' in:

  [Zope 3 Home]/src

Add an empty file named '__init__.py' to that directory. To keep things
simple, copy the entire 'demo' subdirectory into 'zopeproducts'.

FYI, the line:

   <include package="zopeproducts.demo.jobboard" />

is trying to include the contents of a file named 'configure.zcml'
located in zopeproducts/demo/jobboard. You therefore need to ensure that
the referenced package is a) a valid Python package (thus the need for
__init__.py) and b) the package is in the module search path (thus the
creation of zopeproducts in the Zope 3 src directory).

The 'zopeproducts' package isn't setup by default in CVS because it
really isn't a Zope 3 package -- it's just used as a conention in
most/all of the demo and sample product code.

  -- Garrett