[Zope3-dev] ZConfig schema extensibility q's

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Oct 3 16:47:12 EDT 2003

At 04:12 PM 10/3/03 -0400, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

>Phillip J. Eby writes:
>  > I'm working on it now; code, tests, and doc are basically done.  Just
> about
>  > to commit, in fact.  Should I hold off?
>
>Now that I've committed, you're free to commit as soon as you've
>resolved any conflicts.  I hope I didn't create too much work for
>you.

Nah, it's in now.  The only conflicts came from the change to the
BaseParser constructor, and
the disappearance of the _components attribute.  Both were easy to fix.

>  > >Did we even decide we wanted to do the override mechanism?
>  >
>  > I don't recall.  I just wanted to make sure you knew that I wasn't
>  > implementing it yet, whether we decided to or not.  :)
>
>Ok.  I think we should hold off on overrides until there's a real
>requirement for them.

Then we're all set for now.  ZConfig users now have both %import and
<schema extends=""> available as extension mechanisms, and PEAK's
distribution of ZConfig is up-to-date.  Hurray!