[Zope3-dev] Associations

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Oct 27 19:57:37 EST 2003

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 17:17, Roché Compaan wrote:
> I thought rewriting our Zope2 association service for Zope3 will be a
> good beginning to get to know Zope3, and it is. For those who missed the
> thread on associations a couple of months ago, the basic idea is to
> support bi-directional associations between objects and it is loosely
> based on the MOF model for associations.
>
> I've made some progress and uploaded some source to:
>     http://www.zope.org/Members/upfront/associations.tgz
>
> There are no docs yet but the interfaces and tests should give you an
> idea of how it hangs together. If you are interested in this at all
> please comment.

I looked at your code briefly and it looks very promising. There are plans to
have a native relationship service in the Zope 3 core. I just checked the
Proposals section and there is an old Relationship Service proposal [1]. You
might want to update it. After that you could actually work on the Zope 3
core implementation of this service, since you seem to be the only one that
is willing to actually work on it! ;-) This way your work would be part of
the whole Zope 3 effort, which would mean it would get much more exposure,
feedback and input from other Zope 3 developers.

[1] http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/RelationshipService

Regards,
Stephan
--