[Zope3-dev] IServiceService question

Dominik Huber dominik at projekt01.ch
Thu Oct 30 12:51:08 EST 2003

I have a question about the IServiceService interface, maybe somebody can
help me out of the dark:

Services which are returned by getServicDefinitions() of a ServiceManager
can also retrieved (should be available) by the method getService(name) or
queryService(name, default). Is my assumption true or false?

I've got the following problem:

1) I wanted to look up the Subscription Service (Subscription Service
(Active)), but a ComponentLookupError was raised:

from zope.app.services.servicenames import EventSubscription
es = zapi.getService(self, EventSubscription)

2) When I'm looking up the ServiceDefinitions the Subscription Service is
defined:

sm = zapi.getServiceManager(self)
sm.getServiceDefinitions()

I thought the Subscription Service should be available because at least the
Hub Service is based on it. Am I wrong?
Thanks for helping!

regards
Dominik