[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Newsletter: Issue 10

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sun Sep 7 11:54:29 EDT 2003

On Friday 05 September 2003 17:47, Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
> I'm very very afraid.

As Jim said, 'Don't be afraid!' :-) The things you are afraid about will never
cross your way.

> This is one of the features about Zope that I can sell over and over
> again - 'HTML is HTML and SQL is SQL and code is code is code, and
> never should they meet.'  ZPT in Zope 2 brings an insane amount of joy
> to my life.

Yes, since you are a developer this is true. But a scripter thinks differently
about that. The more functionality he has available in one place, the happier
the scripter is.

> I hope all of these things are add-ons.  And I hope they are add-ons
> which cause painful physical electrical shocks upon using :).

SQLExpr is an add-on. You have to install a Zope 3 product to use them.

<script> could not be an add-on, because it adds functionality to the TAL
Generator and Interpreter as well as the HTMLTALParser. However, as Jim and
the news item clearly said, this support is only activated for Content-space
"Templated Pages" (ZPT Pages) in content space. If you design your site
correctly you probably will never use Templated Pages much. Furthermore, you
have to go to a separate screen (tab) to activate this feature. Try it!

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter