[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Newsletter: Issue 10

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sun Sep 7 12:12:55 EDT 2003

On Saturday 06 September 2003 11:50, Chris Withers wrote:
> > IIRC, zope 3 does not currently have an equivalent to
> > zope 2's Script (Python).
>
> Good grief! So we're back to early Zope 2 land of being forced to write all
> code in the template language. That sucks!

That is not quiet true. Persistent Modules provide the functionality of Python
"Scripting" for the TTW developer.

> What can I do to make TTW Python Scripts in Zope 3 (and the removal of that
> abhoration of a <script> tag) a reality as soon as possible?

The question becomes whether Python Scripts would be something the scripter
really needs. I would argue that they are already one abstraction or
factorization step beyond the scripter.

I wish Alan (Runyan) or Paul (Everitt) would join this discussion, since they
both gave me the idea of providing more support for this group of developers.
(I do agree with both of them, but I do not have as much practical experience
with these people to back up my belief better.)

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter