TTW types, was Re: [Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Newsletter: Issue 10

Martijn Faassen faassen at vet.uu.nl
Mon Sep 8 17:00:39 EDT 2003

Stephan Richter wrote:
> > Doesn't this already exist?  I thought there was a 'schemagen' module
> > and/or tool already that could generate Python code from an interface
> > definition.
>
> Yes, the schemagen module exists and can be used. However, at some stage from
> the scripter to the site developer Python code in this form is not an option.

The intention is of course that the scripter does not see this code until
he's ready for it.

> For this we have Content Component Definitions. Try it; they are cool and
> solve a good bunch of the problems people solve in Web applications.

schemagen deals in SchemaSpecs. These have facilities for both
schema code generation and schema manipulation with a change history to
support schema evolution (so that existing instances of the schema
can be automatically updated).

It'd be wise to take a look at schemagen. Support for schema evolution
and schema Python code generation is nice, right?

Regards,

Martijn