[Zope3-dev] Re: Proposal: Component Architecture Simplification (aka adaptergeddon :)

Paul Everitt paul at eurozope.org
Tue Sep 23 01:38:31 EDT 2003

Jim Fulton wrote:

> I've created a proposal detailing the long-rumored adaptergeddon at:
>
>   http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ComponentArchitectureSimplification
>
> Comments are welcomed.

Is it in scope to add items to the list that are purely in presentation
space?  I doubt that it is, though the section "Refactor presentation
components" hints that it might.

The potential items to add to your "Presentation: Views and Resources'
list are layers, macros, and slots.  These form an informal, implicit
part of the composite UI system.

I just finished my last article in the ZopeMag series on Zope 3 skins.
Explaining this part was a bit hard.  Layers aren't declared, they just
spring into life when they are used on something.  The same is somewhat
true for the informal system of macros and slots.  However,
layers/macros/slots are the heart of the UI system, or at least the
first heart. :^)

It's reasonable to say that this is out of scope for this proposal, as
layers/macros/slots don't really touch components.

--Paul