[Zope3-dev] Re: Proposal: Component Architecture Simplification (aka adaptergeddon :)

Martijn Faassen faassen at vet.uu.nl
Wed Sep 24 06:40:20 EDT 2003

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Layers do.  Macros (and slots) are internal to ZPT.  OTOH, I'm sure that
> there's room for giving better support for macros. This will require
> some creativity and hard thinking. I don't have bandwidth for this myself.
> If someone had good ideas *and was willing to take the time to owrk them
> out*,
> I'd be very open to them.  I'm sure there are improvements that could be
> made here.

Paul and I have some ideas that are a bit wider in scope than just refining
layers, macros and slots. I'd therefore suggest these ideas
should fall under a different project than the adapter/service changes
proposed here. Otherwise we'll just end up confusing each other.

At some point in the future I'm going to bring up some evolutionary ideas
Concerning patterns of use of page templates that should support easier
debuggability as well as better-yet separation of concerns between designer
and developer. They should also prepare the ground for some of Paul's ideas
that have a somewhat larger scope.

Separate thread though. :)

Regards,

Martijn