AW: [Zope3-dev] Re: apidoc is crowling outside my Zope3 root?

Roger ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Fri Apr 2 04:07:39 EST 2004

> No, our april's fools joke did NOT cause this. I emailed
> Stephan and Jim
> the traceback BEFORE we did the joke. Of course, we DID run the test
> before checking in our joke! Unfortunately, we seemed to have
> confused
> poor Stephan, since his attempts to fix the problem caused more test
> failures than we had before...
>
> The problem occurrs when you have both a Zope 2.7 and Zope3
> tree in your
> pythonpath. Because only then it finds the old Acquisition module and
> tries to create a subclass from new-style class (Persistent) and
> ExtensionClass (Acquisition.Implicit). Zope2 HEAD and Zope3 work fine
> together in the pythonpath because there ExtensionClass is just a
> new-style class façade.
> So, I guess this problem is ignorable and just occurrs on
> those machine
> with a setup described above. I bet Roger has exactly the same setup.

Yes I have this setup, but the Plone installation isn't in the PYTHONPATH
and I start Zope3 with different clean Python like: c:\Python23\python.exe
z3.py
Perhaps during the installation of Plone they patched my clean Python and
append the Plone stuff or a *.dll was doing this call???

I cleand up this installation, now it's ok.

> I *do* hope y'all had a good laugh out of the good ol'
> Principia source,
> though. We sure did. Too bad it got ruined a little by this.

Ok, I laughed...