[Zope3-dev] Re: apidoc is crowling outside my Zope3 root?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Apr 2 03:47:46 EST 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:
> Yeah, this is the problem. Martijn's and Phillip's April fools joke caused
> this. I am not responding to this error until their code is removed.

No, our april's fools joke did NOT cause this. I emailed Stephan and Jim
the traceback BEFORE we did the joke. Of course, we DID run the test
before checking in our joke! Unfortunately, we seemed to have confused
poor Stephan, since his attempts to fix the problem caused more test
failures than we had before...

The problem occurrs when you have both a Zope 2.7 and Zope3 tree in your
pythonpath. Because only then it finds the old Acquisition module and
tries to create a subclass from new-style class (Persistent) and
ExtensionClass (Acquisition.Implicit). Zope2 HEAD and Zope3 work fine
together in the pythonpath because there ExtensionClass is just a
new-style class façade.
So, I guess this problem is ignorable and just occurrs on those machine
with a setup described above. I bet Roger has exactly the same setup.

I *do* hope y'all had a good laugh out of the good ol' Principia source,
though. We sure did. Too bad it got ruined a little by this.

Philipp